3.06.2009

spring break

so for the past week i have been on spring break, last year at this time i was in sunny florida enjoying the fact that it was snowing both in rhode island and new york and i was sitting on the beach or enjoying disney with rob my boyfriend. this year is slightly different, well ok alot. this year i am spending spring break at home, in ny. and yes, unfortunately with the snow.







i have conveniently avoided the snow almost all together by staying indoors reading. against my better judgement i asked my mom to loan me the first twilight book, thinking that when she came to visit in late march i would be finished and i would trade her for the second book of the series of four. well much to my surprise, and the only reason it has taken me so long since my last post, i have finished all four books in the past four days. yepp, i was hooked. i went to see the movie with my mom yesterday, i was not impressed, but the books were amazing. Rob thinks i am absolutely insane, reading more in four days than either of us read through our four years in highschool combine. i simply told him he would not understand unless he read them himself, which of course he wont.







i return to rhode island on sunday with classes starting on tuesday. i will begin my academic trimester. my co-op is unfortunately over. for the past three months i have been working at a cake studio named Sin. i learned how to make and decorate a variety of cakes and have greatly enhanced my portfolio as well as learned so much. i am truly upset to be leaving. so i will also be returning to school job-less. ugh. going from three jobs to zero is less than ideal right now but i hopefully have at least one lead.







so for now i will leave you with some pictures, mostly from Sin, a few of my favorites :)










this is my final project, my beach themed design. to my surprise my cake was featured at both the newport wedding gallery and a wedding show! jen, my boss at Sin has named this cake "the embrace"


this is one of the last cakes i did at Sin, and by far my uncles favorite! the batman figure on top i made of chocolate, kind of like tracing, but with piped chocolate, one of the many skills i learned during my time there.


this cake was done last year, but still one of my favorites, this entire cake is completely edible, including even the contents on top of the purse!

that's all for now :)





2 comments:

  1. Very cool site Em - can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee - Emily got addicted to Twilight! So is Rob's head still bald?

    ReplyDelete